Tuesday, November 21, 2006

LIFE!!!

A couple of days back my best of friends cornered me so that they could have an important conversation with me.

Topic – I need to see a Shrink

Reason – They believe that I am exhibiting symptoms of clinical depression.

Theory put forth as explanation
1. I have always been a very lively person who hardly seemed to be upset by life.
2. Even if I tend to get a little low it is generally just a cry for attention.
3. I have always talked freely about all my problems with friends; suddenly nobody seems to know what’s going on in my life.
4. Conversations on the phone with me are a drag where I answer in monosyllables and I’m so glum that I tend to suck out the excitement out of people’s life leaving them feeling sad and forlorn after talking to me.
5. I have stopped going out, doing things that I enjoy. Basically have started living a dull and dreary life.

Confession
Life has been a little difficult and I am having a tough time coping up with it. But the important part is that I haven’t given up. While I strive to deal with the complications in my life I have decided to start writing.
With this I hope to spice up my boring life, put my friends’ mind at ease and share some of my thoughts with whoever other than my friends are interested in what I write.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it sux when ur friend seems like a pale shadow of her former self.
it sux more when u suddenly don't know why
it sux all the more when u know there's seemingly nothing u can do about.
what finally breaks the back of the camel is then even after u try the usual tricks, u find out that her 'depression' is more contagious than ur 'happiness'

hence you sit back and feel that perhaps things are not really in ur hands and decide that perhaps things have finally reached the stage where its all gone beyond you (aka the shit has hit the ceiling) and u decide to call in the reinforcements before u are overwhelmed by a 'stronger' enemy.